Wednesday, March 7, 2012

C4T #2 Summary

Problem SolvingOn David Wees Blog, I left a comment on his most recent blog, which talks about letting your students a fix a problem by theirselves, even though the teacher (you) saw the problem beforehand.  I believe that letting students fix problems is a great idea and a great way for students to learn how to problem solve an issue.In this post he mention a phrase, "Be Less Helpful", which I liked because it gives the students the opportunity to become problem-solvers with various cases, whether in class, having fun with family and friends, or at home. In the update, Even though the student's solution to keeping the poster to stay  had failed, the problem gave the student some feedback directly whether to as the solution to the problem  worked or not.

Social MediaOn David Wees Blog, I commented on a post titled, "What is the purpose of Social Media?"I believe that people should make their social media pages visual only to people they know. In my comment, I mentioned that people put too much information on social media pages. The social media world can either make you or break you when you comment on a picture, a link, or a status update of someone.People need to be careful on what they write on social pages because what you write will stay  on the internet forever.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your positive comments on my blogs LaWana.

    The trick is finding ways for students to solve problems that are challenging, but to manage their frustration level. I don't know that people learn much solving unsolvable problems all the time, and always feeling like failures. On the other hand, I think people learn equally little when every problem is gift wrapped for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LaWana,

    I agree with you about letting children solve their own problems, without it getting out of control. I also really liked your "Problem Solving Loop" picture. That would be a nice poster to have int he classroom. Also, there is so much truth about what happens on the Internet, stays on the Internet. I don't think people realize that when they're writing something ugly. You had a few errors here and there, but overall, your posts are very well written. Keep up the good work!

    April C.

    ReplyDelete