Friday, March 2, 2012

Blog Post #6


In Randy Pausch's Last Lecture,  the discussions he talks about are: 1. My Childhood Dreams and how he accomplished them, 2. Enabling The Dreams Of Others, and  3. How You Can Achieve Your Dreams Or  Enable The Dreams Of Others. I believe that making others' dreams come true is fun to do because you can accomplish your dreams as well, which is amazing.

In his first discussion, he talks about how he fulfilled his childhood dreams.He talks about not finding  pictures of him smiling.  The only childhood memories I have are my baby pictures and a trophy for playing tee-ball. When you set your mind  to do something, you should do it your best because anything is possible. To achieve a dream, you have to be willing to do the work, whether the work is hard, simple, big, or small. Childhood dreams are something a child can cherish forever. Also, childhood dreams are memories that children should remember forever to tell their children.During the discussion, he mentioned "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." This quote stuck in my mind because most of my teen-aged life,  my  experiences have given me things I didn't want to have in my life. Brick walls are in our lives to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Also, the brick walls are there to stop the people who do not want something as badly as you do. I have had many brick walls in my life, and there are more coming. Brick walls are like trials and tribulations to me. Is this true? In a quote from Jon Snoddy, "Wait long enough,and people will surprise and impress you," which is true because there are some people in my life that I couldn't trust at all, but I took the time to get the trust I needed from those people because I gave the people time to surprise me. I loved the "Hello World" animated video because of how all the images were created with the guy just moving his hands around in a certain way, which is very creative. The ending was the best part because the girl was done with the video,but the characters didn't want it to be over. So, the lady hits Alt, Ctrl, and delete to end the video. The characters got upset  with her, and the whole video goes into a vortex, which is another great ending part of the video. The gift of making other people feel happy and excited about something you have created for them to see is an amazing gift to have.

The second discussion was about enabling others' dreams. When you achieve your dreams, you  know how to enable the dreams of others because you have achieved your dreams.

The third discussion was about what lessons are learned when you enable the dreams of others. There are aspects of how to achieve your dreams. Focusing on other people when you need help is a great way to make new friends.A great example is when Randy brought out a cake for his wife's late birthday, and he and the audience sang happy birthday to her. You can find the best inside of people if you wait long enough.The "head fake" of this video  is "if you live your life the right way, the karma will take care of it, and the dreams will come to you".

Throughout the video, Randy gives advice on how students can achieve their dreams and personal goals.

2 comments:

  1. Hello LeWana,
    You gave a very good summary of Randy Pausch's last lecture. You also described your reactions to his lecture. As a fellow classmate I would like to offer you a few recommendations. First, in this post I would include things discussed by Dr. Pausch that you might use as a teacher. Second, always make sure that you proofread your comments before you publish your post. I noticed a few grammatical errors. Third, don't forget to include some pictures in your post. I hope this helps. Good luck to you and never stop learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He talks about the fact of not finding a good pictures of him smiling." Just the oppostite. There are npo pictures to be found of him not smiling.

    " I have no childhood pictures of memory." I didn't know one could take a picture of memory.

    "Dreams are hard to achieve if you start to achieve a dream." This sentence is meaningless.

    "Also, childhood dreams are memories that children should remember forever to tell their children." Is that what dreams are for? Really?

    "When enabling the dream of others, you will have enabling their dreams." This sentence is meaningless. Or, if it has meaning, I do not understand it at all.

    "and him and the audience singed happy birthday to her." Correct form is: He and the audience sang happy birthday to her.

    Poorly written. Unclear as to the meaning of of what you have written. Unacceptable.

    Have you been to the writing lab?

    ReplyDelete