Thursday, February 23, 2012

Post # 5

1. In Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff,I found it very sarcastic but in depth of what the real facts are. I really enjoyed reading your post.Your post got me thinking on the future education for children through technology. If taught by the educators correctly to the students, they will be able to understand the rights and wrongs of technology.A lot of what people do can be considered a risk, even walking down the block.Technology being a part of education can help better future opportunities.In most cases technology  is a good thing,but in some cases, there are certain people that make it very dangerous.any companies have developed new software that makes the internet safer for children.along with software if the teachers and parents are more aware of the websties there children are visiting and who they are communicating with then chances are they will be safe also. I totally agree with keeping paper and pencil in the classrooms as well because I love the traditional way as well as the technology way.

2. In iSchool Initiative, I agree with the idea of using iSchool Apps, but children need to use the traditional schooling as well. The traditional schooling helps students with communicating with teachers and other students. In my opinion, I believe that iSchools can be used when a students is out sick. I also believe that traditional and iSchool Apps can be used together.
  In ZeitgeistYoungMinds Entry, I believe that iSchool Initiative will make education better for future     teachers as well students.

3. In Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir, I was amazed when I viewed the video. In the internet and technology worlds, anything and everything is possible to do no matter how close or how far you are from people. I love the vocals of the people and how they sing as one.

4. In Teaching in the 21st Cetury, I really liked the fact that the video discusses entertainment and engagement with various meanings. I believe that Ken Robinson believes that teaching is changing in many ways in which I cannot explain because the video confused me a little.If I may ask, "What are your opinions on this video?"

5. In Reading Rockets, I love the fact that this website has tools on how to teach reading and the strategies of teaching reading. The website has various resources that can help students with reading. The resources that would be valuagle to me are the video and podcasts, classroom strategies, the ABCs of teaching reading, and helping struggling readers. This website will benefit to me because I love to read.

1 comment:

  1. LaWana,

    A picture needs to accompany every blog post! Good job on the clickable links. I am not sure if you got the sarcasm of Mr. McLeod's post. Also, be sure to proof read your posts before publishing.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete