Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Blog Post #4

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom
This video interested me because I did not have knowledge of doing or using podcast.From this video, I learned that students that do not  attend school on days that the students can look at their teachers' notes if the teacher does podcast. This video is very beneficial. Thanks for sharing this video, Joe Dale.

Judy Scharf Podcast Collection
Tihis website by Judy identifies what a podcast is, which I did not have a clue until i glanced at the definition. The website also has two links: one is a YouTube video on  how to make a podcast using Audacity. What is Audacity? And the other other is link is an informational video from TeacherTube. I am overwhelmed on how many "Tube" sites they are over the worldwide web. Does anybody have an idea on how many "Tube" videos they are?

Langwitches
This website has information on 1st greaders making an Audiobook and a podcast. I love to see students using their minds to learn other things besides on video games. I am not saying that all video games are bad.This is an amazing website.

2 comments:

  1. LaWana,

    I am glad that you found the videos on podcasting to be beneficial. I believe that podcasting is a great tool for students to enhance their communication skills, writing skills and storytelling skills.

    However, as a fellow classmate, I do have a few suggestions for you that I believe will help enhance your posts. Remember that we have to include an image with each blog post. You must also use ALT and TITLE tag modifiers for your images. I would have also liked to have seen a few hyperlinks in your posts. I noticed that Carly Pugh will be holding a special writing workshop on Thursday, February 23 from 6:00pm to about 7:30pm in the lab. I learn something new every time I attend lab.

    Good luck with this class. I hope that you are enjoying it as much as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LaWana,

    I have to agree with what Miranda said. This post was also a bit too short. You could have expanded on your comment, "I love to see students using their minds to learn other things besides on video games." That would have been interesting! Keep it up, things will get easier as you get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete