Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Blog Post #3

Peer Editing Video
The information in each video was very informational for me because now, I can become a better blogger than I was in the beginning of EDM310. I will take heed to this information by using the tips and the pointers to improve my blogging experience to the next level. One the first day of EDM310,I had random thoughts going on my mind, such as how am I going to in this class and will I make through this class.But now that I think about it,I'm going to great in EDM310 because there is a lot of support for students to make it through EDM310. Rumors from previous classmates about the teacher and the class were that the teacher is hard to deal with,which I hardly believe. Dr. Strange pushes his students to motivate them to become teachers is what I believe. He is a great.Even though I'm talking about EDM and its supporters, I believe that I have commented on the videos as well.I would like to thank Paige Ellis again for her video on peer editing.


Technology In Special Education
I enjoyed this video because it is true that special needs students can learn with technology the same way that regular students can.Also,having special needs students around a technologically classroom environment can help them exceed in class. Many regular students use technology the same way that the special needs students  do in this video. I believe that special needs students need extra attention to understand what is being learned in class.There are even regular students that problems with learning. My youngest brother is a regular fifth grade student, but he has problems with paying attention in class, and he loses his focus when it comes to classwork and homework.What I'm trying is that  regular students sometimes need extra attention even though special needs students have disorders. Technology affects special needs students by helping them improve their educational skills the same as regular students. If I had a class of special needs students, I would use technology by making a website for the class and put different assignments for them to do, such as classwork, homework, presentations, and quizzes.I like the fact that the teacher in the video made a website as well. In my opinion, technology for the special needs students is a sense of help for them.

How The Ipad Works With Academics For Autism
This video informed me how the Ipad works, and as well as how it helps  autistic  students how to improve academically. This video put me in a moving state of mind because Brayden accomplished many academic subjects, such as counting pictures and writing words. As Brayden was counting each picture  and saying each word, I must say I almost cried when I saw the excitement in Brayden's eyes and voice. When I went to the apps for Ipad for education link, I clicked on one of the language arts apps, and the screen didn't show me the apps.What should I do?

Social Media
In the image on this page, I was amazed how the numbers automatically changed when something happens that is on the list. The top things I do on the "media counts" are watching YouTube videos, Facebook, and Twitter.I recently got the hang of using Twitter, which isn't as hard as I though. As I was on the website, I started to click on the various tabs on the "social media counts", and I realized that there are far more numbers than I thought. I have two words to say, "Wow and Amazing"!!! I would like to thank Gary for making this website to inform the U.S. about what is changing around the U.S.

A Vision of Students Today
Honestly, this video was something I already knew.So, that's my comment on the video.The video was informational,but bored at times.I got the point of the video,which is that teachers today are not using technology as much as the students intend them to.What do you think about comment? Do you agree or disagree, and why?

2 comments:

  1. C4C #3

    Peer editing-
    I am also a better blogger because of EDM 310 team efforts. I agree that Dr. Strange has a unique style of teaching, and he is extremely an inspiring professor. Just by reading your blog post # 3 I believe you will excel.
    Technology in Special Education-
    I agree strongly that special needs students need a variety of technology, to excel at unexpected rates. I also enjoyed your point of view about special needs students can be positively effected just as a student with out disabilities. Including websites would be a great approach, especially if it is of substance.
    How The Ipad Works with Academics for Autism-
    In my opinion, you should create an account for apps and they are free. I believe you do have to include your credit card number, however it won't charge anything to your account unless you authorize it.
    The film was spectacular and inspiring all at the same time. I loved every time he got an answer correct, he smiled with joy. That is indeed a touching video. It sounds as if you have a lot of passion for this field as I do.
    Social Media-
    I'm beginning to understand how to navigate though twitter, as well. Furthermore, it's a great communication tool and learning experience to explore.
    A Vision of Students Today-
    I really respect your honesty towards the film. I thought it was quit alarming. I agree that some teachers should use a bit of technology to make class more innovating. The reason why I believe this is because I am striving to become a 21st Century Teacher, and I know that requires a variety of relevant technological skills as well as hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello LaWana,

    I'm glad that you find this class and Dr. Strange to be so beneficial. We really do want EDM310 students to succeed and use what they are learning in their future classrooms.

    However, when you post you need to remember to include pictures with alt and title tags in each post, and you need to have clickable links to the videos or other websites that you are discussing. This is done by using the html code in the Instruction manual. There's also a document on the Facebook page that shows you how to do both of those things.

    Carly is hosting a writing workshop this week, Thursday, February 23 in the lab, at 6:00 p.m. so I am highly suggesting that you come. She will go over some basics of writing that will be beneficial to you and your future posts.

    ReplyDelete