Thursday, January 26, 2012

Activity 2- EDM310 is Different

EDM310 is Different
From reading EDM310 is Different, I learned that you have to have dedication and creativity. On the first day of class, I thought that I honestly wasn't going to like this class. Now, I love this class because I am willing to do everything it takes for this class. Dr.Strange is the type of teacher that is particular with what he wants from his students, which is what i would do for my future classroom of students, as a teacher.

9 Differences in EDM310
This youtube video was created DR.Strange.In this youtube, he talks about and discusses the 9 differences in EDM310 versus a regular class.The diferences are as followed:
1. Behave like a professional in EDM310- simply means to do everything with your best effort, to have positive attitude while you are putting in your best effort, and to dress appropriately (in videos) to show that you are willing to show a positive attitude and to to display your best effort. One of the best things for me to do is "to do work on time" because I have always done my best when I have deadlines. I try to do my best when it comes to grammar because my grandmother is a retired English teacher, and she will correct me when   something I said or wrote is spelled wrong or written wrong.
2. You are leaving an intellectual trial- simply means that whatever you do in EDM310 will be on the internet and can be googled.
3.I don't know. Let's find out.-simply means it you don't know how to do something, ask for assistance from the lab assistants. I do this alot to make sure I do it exactly the way it is suppose to be done.No question is a stupid question unless the question is not asked. In EDM310, you are being tracked on what you do, how you do it, when you do it, and where you do it.
4.Questions to think about: 1. Should all teachers be technologically literate?, 2. Are you technologically literate?, and What do we mean by technologically literacy?- 1. I think that all teachers should be technologically literate because everything is going digitally including education, but all teachers are not technologically literate. 2. To some extent, I am technologically literate. 3.To have technologically literacy to me means that a person knows and has the knowledge of technology.
5. Honest self reflection, not grades- This is the best thing I like about this class because you are graded on what you post on your blog, but it has be honest and reflects to you. I like to be honest in everything I do in another reason why I like this class.
6. Project based learning requires learning- I love project based assignment now because I have learned how to do them in EDM310 and in EDU301 with Mrs.Baggett.I loved her class,too.
7. Creativity is encouraged- simply means to be creative with the work you do. I try to do my best to be creative.
8.EDM310 is a worldwide class-simply means that EDM310 is not your ordinary class in the state of Alabama; instead it's a worldwide class, meaning that EDM310 is a class in the world.With this class being a worldwide class, you will establish friendly relationships with other people around the world that know about EDM310, which I think is really cool. I love to meet new people.
9. You must invest 9 hours a week in  EDM310- I believe that investing 9 hours a week for EDM310 is a good number of hours to invest because all other classes (University of South Alabama) have 3 credit hours.So this class is like having 3 classes with 3 credit hour courses, except EDM310 is better than having 3 classes with 3 credit hour courses. Now, I love EDM310.

Aspects of EDM310
I like the fact that EDM310 is green, which means EDM310 uses no paper. Everything you do in EDM310 is done through technology. Last semester was my first semester attending University of South Alabama. I had 2 blended classes, which means you meet on certain days for instructions (25%), but all the assignments you have are online (75%). Since then, I love blended classes. I learn the things I need to know better this way because I am the type of visual learner that learns better independently. Having the help of former EDM310 students is a great advantage because they can help you with the problems you will have or encounter. Multimedia writing (text, audio, video) sounds interesting to me. EDM310 impacts the communtiy through the college of education at the University of South Alabama and the local school systems.EDM310 is free- no use of books or materials because EDM310 is computer-based,which I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment